Job Title: Senior Financial Accountant
Age Group: Corporate Position
Campus: Vista Headquarters
Join our innovative early care and education company as a Senior Financial Accountant, as we expand. We just hit a new industry threshold and invite you to join our team as we collaborate to create tomorrow’s emerging educational solutions for children everywhere. Children’s Paradise approaches each day with energy, working alongside remarkable leadership and stand out peers.
The Senior Financial Accountant is an integral part of the corporate team at Children’s Paradise and responsible for managing our for-profit and not-for-profit contracts across a diverse set of funding streams including: State Preschool, Head Start, Early Head Start, CACFP, Alternative Payment Programs, Parent-paid tuition, Smarty Patch Scholarships, Corporate Contracts and more… These funding streams stretch across our five schools and training center and support our current expansion into many new locations. In this active role, the senior financial account will manage financial reporting including budgeting, general ledgers and cash flow and manage our accounting team so the company can successfully connect families to resources and help more children receive a high-quality early education.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reports for all centers with commentary for corporate review
- Maintain full charge accounting/management/financial statements
- Supervise A/R, A/P, and general ledger transactions
- Prepare monthly reporting for outside agencies
- Manage budgets/forecasts/cash flow analysis
- Prepare monthly and weekly cash flow chart of accounts
- Oversee payroll, hourly time and attendance tracking and allocation
- Reconcile bank and credit card accounts
- Prepare quarterly payroll tax reports and tax deposits and other state and federal requirements such as W-2s and 1099s
- Develop controls to ensure management has accurate and pertinent information concerning operations
- Prepare financial reports for grants and state and local funding
- Recommend cost savings and profit improvement measures
- Report variances to set standards in a manner that supervisors and managers can understand and take corrective action
- Prepare for and manage CDE annual audits and program/fiscal reviews
- Apply critical thinking skills, financial modeling and other best practices to meet productivity and financial goal
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 5-10 years of accounting experience preferably in education
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-directed / self starter
- Strong team player who can work across multiple functions and disciplines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- CPA, CMA level accountant with CSPP, CCTR and or Head Start, experience a plus
- Loving, caring, and a passion for helping children
- Beautiful working environment
- High energy and fun staff
- Annual bonus based upon education, professional development and job performance
- Vacation, sick time, paid holidays
- Wellness program including work out classes available daily
- Health, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance
- Bonuses, great food, regular recognition for great performance, thank you notes and staff appreciation gifts…. routinely!
For corporate/office positions, please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position title in the subject line.
For all other positions, please email your resume [and cover letter] for consideration to email@example.com. Please indicate the position and location preference in the subject line. For example; Lead Preschool Teacher – Vista or Instructional Assistant – Infant Toddler – All locations.
Thank you for your interest! We can’t wait to hear from you!